|A Little Smoke on the Go...|
November was Doc's birthday month! The special day was on a working day, so we celebrated the weekend before! It was a family celebration. We went to a nearby state park to see fall color and then for dinner. Again with Auripra, I had minimum time for myself to get ready. As we were going out for 'day to night', I needed to do an eye make up which should be wearable during day and at the same time glamorous for night and of-course very easy and quick to do. Therefore, I came up with this look.
What I used to get the eye-look:
Primer: ELF eyelid primer in Sheer.
Brush: Eyeshadow Brushes (I used 2 dome eye-shadow brushes, one angled brush and one blending eye brush).
Eyeshadow: Coastal Scents 26 Shadow-Blush Palette (Click Here to know more about this palette) and one random palette called Opia (Primark) only to highlight.
Eyeliner: Black liquid/gel eyeliner
Mascara: Black mascara
1. Apply eyelid primer on entire eyelid and blend it using your ring finger. Let it sit on your eyelid for a few seconds before you move on to the eye-shadows.
2. Next, for this 'day to night' look, we have to find a smokey brown shade which should not too dark to wear during daytime or it should not be too light for night, for entire lip. Color 1 from Coastal Scents 26 shadow blush palette is perfect for the purpose.
Dab color 1 generously on all over eyelid using a dome eyeshadow brush, leaving the inner most corner of eyes.
3. Take little bit of color 2 (which is a light peachy shade) with blending brush and blend only the junction of smokey brown into your skin. Believe me, you can never overdo this step. So, blend-blend-blend. However, we do not want to loose the darkness of eyelid; therefore blending only junction area is the key.
4. Using an angled eye shadow brush, apply color 1 just under outer half of lower lash-line. Smudge using a cotton bud as needed.
5. Apply your favorite black eyeliner along upper lash-line. I used a gel liner for this eye makeup.
6. Using any highlighting color (preferably gold or brown based) you have, highlight areas such as inner most corner of eyes and brow-bone area.
7. Curl your lashes and apply your favorite black mascara.
...That's all folks! Your are done!!!
So, would you like to rock this look? Keep me posted with your thoughts, queries and comments.
All the best.
Few pictures of that day out: